<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...i am a princess on the way to my throne...

9.20.2004

A Baby Step to Becoming Buff 

I feel pretty good. No, that's not accurate; I feel great.

I've just finished my upper body weight training, and it was awesome. I am a veritable weakling in that I can only use the 8 pound dumbbells with success, but believe me when I tell you I am going to be sore. It feels great to get back on track, but what feels even better is the fact that I actually have goals.

For those enquiring minds, here are my Gettin' Fit goals for the rest of 2004:
1) Maintain a consistent weight training program of upper body/lower body alternates every other day.

2) Eat clean during the week with one free day.

3) Achieve a fourteen pound weight loss by December 20th.

4) Move from an 8 pound dumbbell to a 10 pound dumbbell by December 20th.

These may seem like small goals, but that's fine with me. It's the discipline and consistency I'm looking for, and as I am no longer in a mad rush to drop weight "just like that" I feel this is a healthy goal I can actually achieve.

Go me!:)

The weight training exercises (for those who are interested in this sort of thing) I did today were the Dumbbell Flyes (chest), Seated Dumbbell Press (shoulders, One-Arm Dumbbell Rows (back), Dumbbell Extensions (triceps), and Seated Dumbbell Curls (biceps). I am using one set of weights for them all, working four sets/12 reps per exercise. This is a little different from the way I was doing them on BFL, but it works for me better. This is the first time I've ever worked with the 8 lb weights consistently, and while they are still so light in comparison to serious weights they are much heavier than the 5 lb weights I was using just one week ago. So, see? Progress has already been made!:)

I've already decided I'm going to ask for some barbells and a bench for Christmas. It's strange, you know, this fluffy little pink princess getting a total kick out of weight training. Go figah!

Stepping back into clean eating and weight training has shifted my desire to prioritize. The truth is I spend far too much time on the internet. It's addictive, and not necessarily heathly for my well being. One of the boards that started out as a bang that I frequent is fast fading into something I don't want to be around. General threads are becoming controversies and being moved, including one I chose to post in. My answer was rather tongue-in-cheek, but I guess I was depending on the subject maintaining a light spirit. Not so, Kimosabbe. It got controversial pretty quick, and swept off to a more appropriate place for the road it had taken. I see this happening more and more with threads, and frankly it saps my spirit. People are just too edgy for me lately. So, I'm nixing that place for a while until either I become so calloused that nothing petty bothers me anymore, or I simple lose the desire to go back. Either way, I'll bide my time.

To be fair, however, I am cutting all my bulletin boards down to four. I'm also choosing not to frequent the 'net on days until after 12 noon, leaving my mornings totally open to the care of my children and my home. I also need this time for me, and not worrying about who said what on the boards.

There is one thing, however, that I vow to improve on and that is my shameful e-mail etiquette. Sometimes I go for days without even checking my e-mail. This is scandalous. I promise, I will do better and try to check it everyday.

Well, my arms, although still looking like cottage cheese, are starting to feel suspiciously like jell-o so I think I had better wrap this up. Oh, wait, did I say wrap? As in Greek Gyro wraps, loaded with shredded beef, cheese, and lettuce? The one that are dripping with ranch dressing that accentuate the many Mediterranean spices that make the durn thing so succulent?

Now I'm hungry. Big le sigh...



|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com