<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...i am a princess on the way to my throne...

9.23.2004

Can I Have A Little Cheese With My Whine? 

Me yesterday:

"YOWZA, girlfriends, I am da WOMAN!!!!I am AMAZON!!!YEA, no man can touch ME, jack, I am POWERFUL!!!These weights weigh NUTHIN'!!!They are FEATHERS, I tell you, MARSHMALLOWS!!!I am BEAUTIFUL!!!I am BUFF!!!I am going to put bodybuilders to SHAME, I tell you, I am a WEIGHT-TRAINER!!!Whooooooo!!!!Wheeeeeeeee!!!BaybeeeEEEEeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Me today:

ow.pain.quads.hurt.hamstrings.ouch.needahug.whine.

Needless to say, my bravado somewhat lessened today once the reality of my weight lifting session was recognized. Ah well, as the irrepressible Whiz once shared with me, 'no pain, no gain'.

Hah. I stick my tongue out in her general direction::b Although she's right, you know: 'no pain, no gain' is a hard truth and I know I'm going to be thankful for this in a year or so. Right now, however, I'll just dream about ice-packs for the legs to soothe screaming muscles.

On another note, I'm not going to be able to go to the Georgia Get Together on Saturday. My pastor is out of town and Robert is preaching for him on Sunday morning, so he needs to have Saturday free to plan and organize. I'm chomping at the bit for another GTG before Christmas, which I believe Cindy has offered to host.
I'm bummed about missing this one, for Val, Cris, Maria and I were supposed to go visit Ginny in the hospital. I have grown to care very much for these women, and I cherish the time I get to spend with everyone of them. They are all very, very dear to me.

Especially Valerie. Val has become as dear to me as a sister. We just 'connect', you know? We have similar tastes, similar personalities, and a similar sense of humor (heh heh!). She even stems from a Pentecostal background, so she's not afraid of those "wacky tongue-talkers" like myself. When she came down for the prayer vigil my church had the night before David was found, she just got amongst it all without skipping a beat. She has forever cemented herself as a dear friend in my book for her selflessness during that time, and I'll love her forever.

Ah well...there's always the pre-Christmas GTG. I'll just have to bide my time until then, I suppose.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com