<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...i am a princess on the way to my throne...

11.19.2004

Twenty Questions and Then Some... 

Greetings, Freaky Darlings! I hope your Friday has been treating you well.

Things are going okay here on the flip side, despite the sudden ickiness that struck my digestive tract earlier in the day. However, since I don't think any of you actually harbor any kind of interest towards the inner workings of my internal organs, I will spare you the details and get on with the program.

The following can either be seen as a genuine display of personal openness, or shameless narcissim. Either way, blame Laura, as it was on her blog that I found this little interest-peeking gem in the first place.

Alrighty, then...release the hounds!

1) If you could move and build a house anywhere, where would it be?
Hmm, good question. I've been so many places that it's hard to say, but I would *love* to have a villa in Greece. The Mediterranean simply rocks.

2) What's your favorite article of clothing?
A horizontally striped sweater that is two sized too big and as soft as cashmere.

3) What's the last CD you bought?
'Ethnicity' by Yanni. It's wonderful.

4) What time do you wake up in the morning?
7 AM, on the nose. I have small children, so any dream of sleeping later than that
is out the window.

5) What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
My frying pan. Gotta love that stir-fry!

6) If you could play an instrument, what would it be?
The piano. I used to play the guitar, but it's been so many years I've forgotten. I do, however, consider the voice an instrument, and unbeknownst to my on line community I do indeed sing, and sing very well (no immodesty intended).

7) Which do you prefer, sports car or SUV?
Neither. Mini-van for me, baby!

8) Do you believe in the afterlife?
I'm an Apostolic Pentecostal, are you kidding? In actuality, I believe we are spiritual creatures that live in a corrupt body, and when our body dies we do, indeed, enter an afterlife.

9) What is your favorite children's book?
The Hobbit. I love it that the dragon gets it in the end.

10) What is your favorite season?
Autumn, without a doubt. The colors are dazzling!

11) If you could have one super power, what would it be?
I would fly.

12) If you have a tattoo, what is it?
In my younger days, I got a scorpion tattooed on my shoulder. And yes...it hurt!

13) Can you juggle?
Only my schedule, and not so good at that.

14) Is there one person from your past you wish you could go back and talk to?
Yes.

15) What is in the trunk of your car?
I think the more appropriate question should be, "What isn't in the trunk of my car?"

16) Which do you prefer, sushi or hamburger?
Meat and potatoes girl, checking in! Sushi? Ewww! It's hamburger always, baby!

17) From the people you will email this to, who's the most likely to respond first?
I'm not e-mailing it, but I have no doubt it will be around the blogosphere. After all, that's where I found it!

Ding Ding! Round Two!

1) What is your first name?
Stacey

2) Were you named after anyone?
Nope, just me.:)

3) Do you wish on stars?
No, but I sing the song from time to time.

4) When did you last cry?
Last night when I prayed.

5) Do you like your handwriting?
Yes, for it always changes.

6) What is your favorite lunch meat?
Tuna fish!

7) What is your birth date?
November 13th, 19somethingsomething.

8) What is your most embarrassing CD?
I don't think I have one I consider embarrassing.

9) If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
I have absolutely no idea. The way I see myself and the way people tell me I am are so vastly different that I don't think I would recognize myself if I met me.

10) Are you a daredevil?
Oh gracious, NO!

11) Do looks matter?
The way someone looks physically? No. The way they present themselves? Yes.

12) How do you release anger?
I cry and I pray, and not always in that order. I also have a horrible tendency to stew. I'm pretty laid back, but when I'm really steamed I get loud.

13) Where is your second home?
My parents, and Kingston-Upon-Thames, England.

14) Do you trust others easily?
I'm trusting to a fault, if truth be told. Almost to the point of naivete.

15) What was your favorite toy as a child?
My little girl "high heels".

16) What class in high school was totally useless?
Physical Education. Can someone *please* tell me what role this has in public education?

17) Do you have a journal?
Yep, you're reading it!:)

18) Do you use sarcasm a lot?
No. I will use it occasionally, but I'm not sarcastic by nature.

19) What are your nicknames?
The name I went by for over 13 years was "Rusty", a name I'm still called by some.

20) Would you bungee jump?
I'd rather eat sushi.

21) Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I normally go barefoot the majority of the time, but on the occasion I do wear sneakers I do not untie the laces.

22) Do you think that you are strong?
No. I struggles with weaknesses all the time.

23) What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Banana Pudding by Blue Bunny.

24) Bush or Kerry?
Bush all the way.

25) Pen or pencil?
Crayon. Ha! Just kidding...pen.

26) Football or basketball?
Karate!

27) Shoe size?
Oh goodness, I can't believe I'm sharing this! These boats are a size 10.

28) Red or pink?
Pink, the paler the better.

29) What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
My insecurity.

30) Who do you miss most?
Not a who, but a what: my childhood in Florida.

31) Do you want everyone to whom you send this to send it back?
Sure, if I was e-mailing it.

32) What color pants are you wearing?
I don't wear pants, but I am wearing a burgundy skirt.

33) What are you listening to right now?
My children watching 'Chicken Run'.

34) What was the last thing you ate?
A baked ground beef patty with two small baked potatoes and a salad.

35) If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
I'd be the whole box.

36) What is the weather like right now?
It's a little overcast and rainy.

37) Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
My beloved Robert.

38) The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
The eyes.

39) Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Well, I got if off Laura's blog, and she's just fabulous. I think we were twins that were separated at birth. Never mind that she's part Chinese and I'm as white as mayonnaise, or that I'm many years older than her, or that I've never stepped one foot on Canadian soil. You just have to trust me on this.

40) Who was it?
See answer 39.

41) What is your favorite drink?
Coffee!

42) Favorite sport?
Anything involving Jackie Chan.

43) Would you rather sing or dance in public?
Sing, hands down. One of my dreams is to sing the Star spangled Banner.

44) What will you be on Halloween?
I don't celebrate Halloween.

45) Do you wear contacts?
Nope. I used to wear colored ones for cosmetic purposes only, but they itched so bad I wanted to scratch my eyes out.

46) Pet peeve?
My procrastination.

47) Goal in life?
To be a good witness for Jesus, to lead people to the truth of Christ, and live a fulfilling spiritual life.

48) Last movie you watched?
With the kids: Lion King II: Simba's Pride.
With Robert: The Majestic.

49) Favorite day of the year?
Christmas! Woohoo!

50) Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings, no contest!

51) Summer or winter?
Winter.

52) Hugs or kisses?
Oh, don't make me choose!

53) Mountains or the beach?
Depends on my mood, but if I have to choose I'll go with beach, providing I get to live on a private one.:)

54) What is your favorite dessert?
Chocolate cake.

55) Who is the most likely to respond?
Probably whoever needs to blog for the day.

56) Who is the least likely to respond?
Probably whoever has already blogged for the day.

57) Living arrangements?
We own a modest home and share it with our two children and three feline furbabies.

58) What books are you reading?
The Bible and Cape Light.

59) What's on your mouse pad?
I have an optical mouse, but I still use my mousepad. It's a black and white picture of a kitten sleeping in a hammock.

60) Who was your first true love?
Mickey Dolenz from the Monkees. I was four years old when I first saw the show, and I still think he's one of the hunkiest men that ever walked (although my passion for him has waned somewhat).

61) What did you watch last night on tv?
We don't have cable TV, only a video monitor.

62) Favorite smells?
Vanilla, lemongrass, neroli, cinnamon, sandalwood.

63) Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
Ew, neither!

64) Do you believe in evolution or creation?
Creation. I used to be an evolutionist, until I really took a look at the theories. It was then that I realized you need more faith to believe that we came from nothing rather than being created by an intelligence.


65) What's the furthest you've been from home?
Russia and Saudi Arabia. Talk about culture shocks!

Well, kids, that's it! I'm off tomorrow for a wonderful Get Together with the Atlanta stitchers, and it's a well deserved one if I do say so myself. I'm going to eat, drink, stitch, and enjoy some very good company.

Ta!
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com