<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...i am a princess on the way to my throne...

2.22.2005

Fresh Air and an Olive Branch 

I've thought long and hard about this, and I want to share something with you. I have seriously considered closing this blog and leaving the community, mainly because something I resolved in myself would not seem to be resolved in others. I thought it might be the easier thing to do, to just remove myself from the fray. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, and I can eat my humble-pie with the best of them; I just do not need it force fed to me by others.

However, on second thought, I realized that I do not want to go. I've made some wonderful, dear friends, and I would miss these people very much if I totally cut off contact. I would also be depriving myself of elements I dearly love, and I am not ready to do that. I enjoy writing and I enjoy stitching, and I enjoy sharing these things with all of you. So: I'm not going anywhere.

What I am going to do, however, is keep myself from any kind of negativity, whether it be on a blog or on the boards. I find with my heightened sensitivity I cannot trust myself to act rationally, and it would behoove me to ignore the things that could spark negativity within myself. While I do not take credit for (nor do I control) the reactions and choices of others, I do take credit for and control my own. I cannot flourish into the person I want to be while immersing myself in rants and vents (whether they be my own or others), as I have found out the hard way. I also cannot expect for things to just be "let go" when I admit my mistakes, for there is always someone who wishes to hold on to them. I do not believe prolonging the discussion of a situation is healthy, and the only reason I do it here and now is to lead up to what I am about to share with you.

So...Here is what I am going to do. No more negative reading, regardless of who wrote it or where it is written. I want to remain blissfully ignorant and clueless of who says what about who and who is dishing who behind the scenes; I want nothing to do with that. I want to see everyone in a good light, and I want to get back that wide-eyed innocence of when I was a newbie. I want to hug everyone and kiss them and tell them I love them and mean it. Since I am the only one who can control what I think and do, I feel this is the best choice and one I willingly make.

A new start. A fresh outlook. Fresh Air. I need to do this. I don't want anymore hurt feelings, misunderstandings, or venting. Not for me. Not for others.

There. All is said and done, and I pray only healing and goodness will follow. Would anyone care to join me? After all, I think we all could use a little healing and goodness, don't you?

BTW: As far as that "good news" I mentioned yesterday? Well, it's not that I'm pregnant (of which seemed to be the speculation!).
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com