<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...i am a princess on the way to my throne...

2.19.2005

A Very Loooooooooong Week 

It has been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooog week and I'm glad it's nearly ovah!

I got a call from Valerie and the Georgia Ghetto Floss Lickers today. I wasn't able to go the Nashville Night at Norwood Niche, the LNS in Rome, but Ginny graciously got me a couple of new releases I've been wanting. I got to speak to everyone on the phone and I've already cleared my calendar for the March 12th GTG. Woohoo! I can't wait!

There is not much I have to say today except this: sometimes apologies are meaningless. They are always necessary, but not everyone accepts them. All they do is use them for a reason to get righteously indignant. Fine. I can live with that. I know I've made mistakes and had misunderstandings. I just find it ironic that the wronged party is the only one who can rant and rave and be "approved" to do so. Well, I suppose people do whatever helps them sleep better at night.

All in all, I don't what has been going around the stitching community lately. It seems we've all had a major case of PMS (except perhaps Charlie, but having a wife and grown daughter makes him no stranger to the havoc PMS can have on a woman's mind, I am sure). We have all splintered into our own little factions, something I supposed could not really be helped. I really had no idea how blasted snarky some personalities could be in the stitching world, but I suppose no community is without them. Since last October I've seen snarkiness on the boards and in blogs, and I've seen people get mad as wet hens when called on it. Frankly, if you don't want people to think your snarky, then don't make snarky remarks (and I've been the author of a snark or two, so I can say that without malice). Then again, if it really doesn't bother you, then snark away! I guess that's life. On another note, I used to want to know who sent hate mail to other stitches, but now I'm not so sure; I like my naivitee that all stitchers are really decent hoooomans deep down inside.

Oh, well. After all is said and done, you gotta love each other!:)

BTW, folks: I am not bad mouthing M. There was more to it than that, and for her part I admitted to my misunderstanding. Everything is cool. I just thought some of you needed to know that. And just for clarification: today's post has nothing to do with her but a conversation I had with a friend. I just thought you wanted to know that as well.:)

Have a wonderful evening, everyone! See you on Monday!

Feeling:contemplative
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com