<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...i am a princess on the way to my throne...

11.24.2005

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! 

Whoohoo! Turkey Day is here!:)

I have a lot to be thankful for. I'm alive, healthy, and surrounded by people who love me. Truly, it is the simple things that matter the most.

On that note, I've decided to simplify my life all around. I've made an early resolution to declutter my home in the next few weeks before Christmas. I want to be very thorough and reduce things that I am simply not using, no matter how badly I want to hold on to it. I'm tired of being a pack-rat; if it's not beautiful and useful, I don't want it around me anymore. Some things I will keep for sentimental reasons, but these things will be far and few in between.

I do, however, have some collections that I will indeed keep and plan to expand on in the near future:

1) My stuffed unicorn collection (I collect unicorn plushies of all sizes, shapes, and colors. Right now I only have four, but I saw a couple at Target that are going on my Christmas list!).

2) My Faeriessence collection, possibly the most adorable faery figurines around.

3) My cat figurine collection.

4) My dolphin collection.

There! Those are the things I collect with great vigor. I used to collect wolves, and I have the most beautiful wolf statues but they are still in storage. Even my stash collection and DVD collection are going to be narrowed down considerably. Now *those* are going to be hard to do, but I'm so sick of living in a house that is busting at the seams that I'm willing to take extra measure to clear my space once again.



On the knitting front, yesterday I spent a good part of the night playing with my new Clover Bamboo straight needles size 8.

I far prefer to knit with wood than metal, as they don't seem to get 'cold' like the aluminum needles do. I also love how light they are to hold! It's very pleasant. I also got some very cool wool by Essentials TLCSurf N Turf:


Granted, the name is very campy, but it's one of my favorite color combos. I find them very soothing. It's as if the ocean lover and earth mother in my soul have combined into one lovely skein of yarn that sings, "Just for Stacey!". Sigh. Okay, so I'm a geek, so sue me. I also bought another TLC solid called Robin's Egg, which matches the Surf perfectly. It's light enough for me to see the stitches, but no so blah that I get bored of just practicing. Last night I taught myself the one-handed cast on method, as well as reviving myself on the knit stitch and purling. I even learned how to bind off, yippeee! Go me! Of course, I have the best teacher in the world, so I'm sure to succeed.

But do you know what I really want to learn to knit? Socks. Lots of colorful, vibrant, plushie, soft socks. When I was little my mother used to crochet us footies all the time, and to this day they were the most comfortable things around. If I have to cover my feet in the winter, I will choose those footies anytime! Of course, methinks it would be best to master the basic knitting skills first before moving on to something that involves double pointed needles (shudder), so for now I'll stick with my swatches and pot holders, thank you.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone! See you tomorrow!
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com