<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...i am a princess on the way to my throne...

6.15.2006

Hey Kids 

Long time no see.

I'm back from a very extended vacation, one I needed quite badly. I had so many internet-related things going on that everything was beginning to seem like a chore, especially my blog. Not to mention the past few entries were so raw and so personal that I felt like I split my soul open for everyone to see. While it was dearly needed, it also left me numb and vunerable. I took some time out to reflect, recharge, and emerge renewed.

One of the things I've decided is to use this blog the way it was originally intended, and that's primarily as a stitching blog. (Since I don't have a place to store my WIPs yet (my stitching section on my web site was accidentally deleted when we updated my art stuff), so I will be setting up a Webshots album as soon as I can). My deepest apologies for those dear readers who want to read about the 'dirt' of my daily life, but I just don't want to write about it anymore. Things are going quite nicely, and I want it to stay that way in both real life and the written word. Fear not, however...I won't leave you in the dark of what's happening around here, it will just be condensed versions instead of long drawn out soliliquies. I hope everyone understands. It's either this or close 'Fully Caffeinated' down indefinintely, which is what I do not want to do. As many a blogger knows, our blogs can be great sense of comfort to us when we need them and I'm not ready to let go of it, not yet.

The stitching GTG on Saturday helped me realize how much I missed stitching. My stitching time has been limited lately due to some crunching art deadlines (those of you who follow my art journal know what I've been up to), and I'm anxious to get back to needle and thread. I've been working on Fantasy Triptych every night for the past few days, and when I get to the 20 hour mark I'll post a WIP.

One of the things I've been doing is taking inventory of my current works-in-progress. The list is as follows:

Fantasy Triptych
Mermaid
Lady of Shalott
The Kiss
Deepest Love
HAED's Magic Moonlight (which I've renamed Firefly Fairies because they look like little fireflies. So cute!:))
Celtic Arwen (a conversion of Celtic Christmas)

Now...at heart I truly am a LTDLTKDchicker, and it's going to be hard to continue being that with all these lovelies vieing for my attention. However, I believe if I stick with one TW, one Mira, one HAED, and one misc I'll be alright. As it stands, I may rotate Fantasy Triptych and Celtic Arwen. The other two that I may work in are Deepest Love and my HAED, but I'm pretty happy chugging away on the TW at the moment. I'm doing a fall conversion, and while things are looking nice at the moment I have no earthly idea how it's going to turn out. I'm going for an 'autumn-Rivendell' feel, but we'll see. I'm using 32 ct Amsterdam Blue lugana fabric and I plan on adding stars in the sky to give it the feel of night. The maiden panel will be a conversion of Arwen riding Asfaloth. I'll have to de-uni him, and I'll be adding pearl blending filament to his mane and tail. I was planning on putting Arwen in red, but I think I'm going to put her in silvery-blues to contrast with the bold autumn colors of the trees and leaves. If it comes out as planned, it will be stunning beyond all belife (well, at least for us autumn freaks). And if it doesn't, then it will be the biggest mess since the ick my cat yakked up on the bathroom carpet yesterday morning. Either way, I'll roll with the punches and take my chances.:)

Coffee, stitching, chocolate, and friends...it sure feels good to be back.:)

Now for the SBQ of the week:

How many cross stitch books do you own and how often do you use them?

This is so cool, because although I have several stitching books I've never stitching one thing out of them until now: I'm planning on starting TW's Unicorn from The Best Of book once I get the working copies made! I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to start anything new, but I'm a woman and I reserve the right to change my mind.:)
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com