<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...i am a princess on the way to my throne...

1.11.2007

I, Borg 

Okay, my inner-geek has sprung fully-fledged this morning and, doing what any other self-respecting nerd would do, I'm going to throw caution to the wind and blare it from the rooftops:

"I am Circuitous of Borg!"

'What?' you ask, with an oh-so-curious look on your face? Well, it's quite simple; I just finished downloading Episode 12.5 of CraftBorg (incidentaly, the only podcast I currently listen to because, frankly, Rose and Julie sound like people I would hang with and share my nerdy-goodness), and I started thinking about the Borg from Star Trek and all their Borg-y names. You know the type: Seven of Nine, Three of Ten, Eleventy-one of Thousandy-two, that kind of thing. It also doesn't hurt that one of my top most favorite of all time STNG episode is "I, Borg" that centers of the Borg who calls himself Hugh and is, as far as I know, still enjoying his unusual Borg-y individuality. And of course, we all know Jean-Luc as Lucutious of Borg (who looked mighty fine in his Borg-like apparel, but I digress), which led my to want a Borg name for myself since I am part of the CraftBorg collective. Well, I thought and thought, and nothing came to mind until I saw my circular knitting needles. With the exception of DPNs, I've been stitching everything lately exclusively with circulars. I have fallen in love with circular needles, and I have them from size 4 up to size 11 and plan to get more. And then it dawned on me: I am a circular knitter! I knit is a circuitous fashion, which makes me circuitous! I am Circuitous of Borg!
Yaaaaaaaah!!

*ahem*

Okay, so maybe it's not that fabulous to those of you who are scratching your head and wondering if I've completely lost my marbles, but that's who I am in the CraftBorg world and I'm happy about it. Told you I was a geek.

Anywho, other than my intensely deep thoughts about assimilation being futile and all that, I've actually been knitting. No picuture, of course, 'cause I'm not cool but I can tell you that I'm half way done with one of my Gandalf the Grey armwarmers. I'm using Patons Classic Merino wool in the most gorgeous charcoal grey. I'm using size 3 DPNs and it's coming along swimmingly. Hopefully I will finish with one today so I can at least keep one arm and wrist warm while I knit the other (it's been cold here for Georgia! Brr!). I'm also working on my Tumnas scarf, which is a simply 1x1 rib. It's not a fancy yarn (Lion Brand Wool-Ease) but the color is *perfect*. It's Ranch Red, and it's this bright, happy red that is not too orange and not too blue. The only thing I would do differently with this scarf is add one strand of red mohair to make if fuzzier, but I'm anxious to get it finished so I can wear it and not freeze to death in the mornings while taking my kiddos to school. And I promise: once I get these finished I will bug my hubby to death about finding our digicam software and uploading it so I can actually prove I'm knitting.

Random Totally Off Subject Question of the Day: can those of you who live in apartments tell me the pros and cons of apartment living vs. owning a house? And those of you who have lived in both apartment and houses, can you chime in as well? We've been wanting to move for a while, and frankly I don't know if I want to buy another house. I'm not into yard work a the moment, and I love the idea of an apartment or town house but then again, I've always owned a home and I love the security that brings. I just don't know what would be the best route for us. We do have two children and four cats, and that's a factor as well. Hmm, just don't know...
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com