<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...i am a princess on the way to my throne...

4.16.2007

A Lovely Weekend 

I've been out of town this weekend, celebrating the 50th wedding anniversary of my in-laws. The food was wonderful, the company first-rate, and a lovely time was had by all.:)

And right before I left, I was able to finish my Clapotis! Woohoo! Do I have pictures? Of course not! Because we *still* can't find the cord to our digicam. I've discovered that one of the things that adds to the interest of blogs are pictures, particularly blogs of a crafty sort, and yet here I am, once again, with no pictures to offer. Whip me with a wet noodle, please. 'Tis most discouraging.

Needless to say, this does little to diminish my joy of having my very first large knitting FO. Using 6 balls of Noro Kuryeon color 92 on size 8 circular KnitPicks Options, it swathes me in a muted rainbow. I blocked it within an inch of its life, and since Kuryeon is straight wool it reproduced itself by nearly 30%. I can hardly say how much I love this piece. I even found a lovely little shawl pin with a faux turquoise stone topper to wear with it. I love it so much I've already made plans to start on another one (as a matter of fact, I've had the yarn for Clapotis No. 2 for nearly two weeks. Luck favors the prepared).

Pros and cons of Kuryeon: it is definitely slubby. If a yarn that ranges from DK weight to bulky bothers you, skip this one. If you can get past that, it's certainly a yarn worth investigating. Of course, no one does self-striping better than Noro, so the color work is an absolute thrill to watch emerge. The wool does tend to be a little rough on the hands, but it softened nicely once it had a bath. I fully intend on using it again for another Clapotis No. 3, but for No. 2 I'm going with Noro Silk Garden Lite 2027. It is much softer than the Kuryeon, and is a DK weight. I've seen about a gazillion Clapotis knitted in regular Silk Garden, but very few I've seen in the Lite. I am looking forward to experimenting with this lovely yarn. Methinks I've become a Noro addict, yes?

Right now, however, I'm taking a break from the Clapotis and working on something a little less sophisticated: the S'n'B Alien Illusion Scarf. I'm using one ball each of Cascade 220 in Black and Lime Green, and whizing away on size 7 Addi Turbo circs. Yes, I am strange and I can't *wait* to finish this project!
The green fits nicely for Project Spectrum. *grins*

Okay, enough blogging, back to knitting...

Labels:


|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com